Saturday, September 12, 2009

Disposing of the Daily Dirt- UPDATE

Two of the blogs I follow recently posted on the issue of dog waste and how best to dispose of it. Both have good ideas so I wanted to share them:

The Mindful Merchant found some biodegradable bags that actually degrade and she did a trial with actual doggie messes to see if they were up to the job. Answer: They were! Check out her post for more info!

The Greenists also had an interesting discussion on the issue. Here's the poop!

These ideas coupled with my friend Lucy's suggestion to keep one bag (until it's full, instead of one bag per 'deposit') in the backyard and to use a shovel for pick up means that I will now be a little more environmentally efficient when picking up after my dogs.

So thanks guys, I now I know what to do with poo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment