Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mayo Shmayo

I am trying to go Vegan...more on that later (in short- I found out I was allergic to cheese after many years of digestive system issues so...no cheese...no dairy. Cheese being the main reason I wasn't considering vegan in the first place- I figured...well, since cheese is out...might as well go all the way! It's a slow process, mostly regarding baked goods and things where animal ingredients are more 'hidden'...but there you go. I'm trying.)



ANYWAY, I used up all my regular mayo- since I'm not throwing out things I already bought...just using them up and then replacing them with their vegan alternatives when they're gone- and was in the store looking for a vegan mayo replacement. I have never had vegan 'mayo' so I didn't really know how this experiement was going to go. At this particular store, my choices were limited to...one brand...so I picked that up and left.



Here's what I got:





Enter Nayonaise.










Once I got home...I still wasn't sure how fake mayo would taste, so with much trepidation...I opened the jar and tentively tasted just a smidgeon. And then another smidgeon. And then a more generous smidgen.



YUM!!!!



And do you know WHY I now think Nayonaise is the best thing since sliced vegan bread?! Because (at least in my warped opinion), it tastes just like Miracle Whip. And I LOVE Miracle Whip.







Now, I know that Miracle Whip is kind of an aquired taste. My dad loves it and therefore, I ate it at his house. My mom on the other hand...thinks it's absolutely disgusting and banned it from her refrigerator shelves. So, I suppose the moral of this story is...if you aren't a fan of Miracle Whip, you might not like Nayonaise, but you might!...try it for yourself!



Bring on the Facon Lettuce and Tomatos!


No comments:

Post a Comment