Friday, April 9, 2010

SPRING! :)



Spring is here! Its been a little hot for my liking this week, like we moved from blizzard to heat wave, but I'm definitely ready for the warmer weather and the flowers. It rained last night, so today is a more reasonable 60 degrees or so. I've been doing 'eh' since I last wrote. I added a day at work due to budget reasons and its really sapping my energy and creativity. I feel like if I'm not at work, I'm doing laundry, making dinner, washing bottles, and basically trying to keep my house from being condemned by the sanitation department. Which makes me tired and bummed because I feel like I don't have the time to do the things that nourish my being. Mostly because I feel like doing those things is a privilege and I shouldn't be doing them when the carpet needs vacuuming. That and being creative sometimes feels like work when I don't feel like I have anything to create. I'm basically tapped out of energy and ideas.

But...who needs ideas. Writing a blog doesn't require ideas- talk about nothing! :)

The good news is that it doesn't take much to lift my spirits, and even writing a blog post makes me feel like I did something creative and it has the added benefits of making me feel connected to a community of people doing the same thing. Even thought I haven't written my own blog lately, I have been religiously reading others thanks to my handy dandy Google reader. Its usually what I'm doing when I take a break from my seemingly mundane work existence.

So basically, I've still been here, but I just haven't felt like I have had anything to say so haven't been posting or even commenting much. I'm going to try to do that more (which I've said a THOUSAND TIMES), but since its an easy way for me to tap into my creative side and feel connected, I really need to make the effort- its a big payoff for a small time commitment.

I've tried a million times to make a "theme" to my writing so that I'll post more, but it never works. NEVER. So for my own mental health, I'm going to try to post more, but it might not be interesting. :) Mostly because I don't feel like life at the moment is very interesting. Not BAD at all, with the exception of my soul sucking place of employment, but just not what I feel like people would want to read about. So...fair warning to those still checking up on this blog over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment